Sunday, September 27, 2009

August 19th 2009

Journal entry from.. August 19th 2009

i walked out the front door
heard the screen snap close behind me
each step i took, i knew
i was walking toward disappointment
the light from the screen of my cell phone glows in my palm
i press 'send' twice and wince as it beeps
all i want is to hear that you're ok
to hear your voice
why are you leaving me like this?
i lay back in the truck bed and sing
words you'll never hear
my feet dangle
like weights, i can feel my calves stretch to the dirt
just let me melt away
or come back to me!!

Journal entry from... August 20th 2009

L iquor humming, you though she'd always come back to you and

O nce you realized that she said goodbye for the last time, the

V apors escaping from your

E xhaust somehow don't even help.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
I'll let you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment